Why GES is going to implement website?
Connectivity is the new essential for students. So much of education now relies on students’ being able to communicate and collaborate effectively.
A school website is a website built, designed, and maintained by or for a school. Many school websites share certain characteristics possible functions of a school website include:
- Displaying students’ projects
- Providing information on lesson plans and current class assignments
- Directing visitors to other resources on the web
- Providing a forum for teachers, administrators, students, and parents to exchange information such as news and calendars of events
- Introducing people who don't know much about the school (such as parent or students who are considering moving into the district, community members who don't have children, and teachers seeking employment) to its current events and general culture
- Showing that a school is excellent with regard to information technology and new media in comparison to competitive schools
- Providing a platform for internal school learning activities
- Displaying school curriculum and courses
- Providing the Faculties, Staffs and Students with an entrance and front-end to documents and resources hosted locally
- Creating and showing in public a 'corporate identity'.
A school website is a communication tool between the school and community; however, its reach can extend beyond country, state lines. A school website may be used by many demographic groups such as faculty/staff/administration, students, parents, community, and potential, as well as, former students and alumni. Even across state lines a school website can connect groups of its demographics such as the alumni now living cross country looking for information on the next reunion.
For these reasons our respected, beloved former Chairman Col. Md. Tofayel Ahmed, psc has implemented school website at GES in 2014 at his tenure. But unfortunately he could not finish this web program completely because of his new responsibility, promotion and transfer as Brigadier General.
After that, rest of the web program has been started by our respected present Chairman Col. A K M Shamsul Islam, psc,G has already taken an admirable initiative with an effective manner, as it is an essential for students and for the modern age. He is giving more emphasis to upgrade its development.
Now, after the completion of his tenure our new Chairman Col. Abdullah Al Mamun, SPP,psc,G is giving his valuable time and effective guideline to develop this sector.
GES website is designed to introduce a strong School Management System where teachers, students along with the governing body and guardians can be interlinked under a single click. GES web will help in keeping track of minor tasks like manage attendance, news on campus, class routine, lesson plans, examinations, and grade sheets, various program schedules, events and academic calendar and so on.