GUNNES’ ENGLISH SCHOOL
SUB: INFORMATION OF COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
CLASS: STD VI
Multiple Choice Question
1. What type of education is more important to develop digital Bangladesh?
Ans: Science of technology.
2. Why does government try to build “Digital Bangladesh”?
Ans: To make the life easy of dynamic.
3. What has changed the entire world?
Ans: Information technology.
4. What is meant by global village?
Ans: Entire world become in one village.
5. What has made the world a global village?
6. Which technology is used to send information from one place to another?
7. What is satellite?
Ans: Device used for transferring data.
8. Who is the first computer programmer?
Ans: Lady Ada Lovelace.
1. Prepare a list of new instruments mentioned in this chapter and write the function of each instrument?
Ans: a) Radio: Radio can be used to transfer information without using wire. By using radio, we can hear songs, news, weather, forecasts and other essential information.
b) Television: We can get pictures including sound through television. Now-a-days television has reached at every home. We get many information by using television.
c) SMS/Mobile Phone: Mobile phone is a wireless technology. It can be used in communication, sending SMS and many other purpose.
d) Internet: It cnat be used in receiving and exchanging information. Information can easily be downloaded from website by using internet.
e) Projector: Projector is used to show something in very big screen.
Instruments related to ICT
1. What is the process of designing books and magazines?
Ans: Desktop Publishing.
2. Internet connection through wireless network?
3. The telephone is connected with computer through a device is called?
4. What type of computer have their own operating system?
Ans: Super Computer.
5. Which Operating System is free of corst?
6. Unlimited number of TV channel is provided by?
7. Which device cannot be seen from outside of a computer?
Ans: Memory and Processor.
8. MS word is what type of software?
Ans: Application Software.
1. Write short notes on these topics?
a. Application Software.
b. Customized Software.
e. Optical fiber.
g. Operating System.
2. Application Software: The software that facilates the computer user in doing different types of work such as writing, drawing playing games is called application software. Examples are: Word processor paint etc.
The safe use of ICT
1. What is electric flow of our country?
Ans: 220 volts.
2. At present almost all mouse are?
Ans: Optical Fibre.
3. What is used to protect computer from virus?
Ans: Anti – Virus Programme.
4. Which cloth should be used for CRT monitor?
Ans: Soft Cotton Cloth.
5. What is Internet?
Ans: World wide computer’s network.
6. What happen if the computer is attacked by virus?
Ans: Computer cannot work properly.
7. Why do we fall sick?
Ans: Because of germs and diseases.
8. Why is a fan set over processor?
Ans: To keep cool.
1. How can you clean the mouse and key board?
Ans: The cleaning of mouse and keyboard can be done by the following ways:
Keyboard: Keyboard should be cleaned frequently because many germs are available in the keyboard. A clean cloth can be used to clean the keys of a keyboard the surrounding can be cleaned with cotton bud. After this, the keyboard has to be shacked mildly and thus the keyboard will be clean.
Mouse: At present most of the mouse are optical mouse it functions when light is reflected, so if the lens is dirty, it may not wore work properly. It should be cleared with a cotton bud or a soft cotton cloth.
1. What is the main output device of the word processing program?
2. Whare the gile is saved after saving?
Ans: Hard drive.
3. The application softeare that is used for writingis_
Ans: Word processor.
4. What is word processor?
Ans: A software.
5. Which is very useful and popular software?
Ans: Word Processor.
6. We can clase the word processor by pressing?
7. What is icon?
Ans: A small image.
8. For starting a new paragraph we have to click_
Ans: Enter key.
1. In which year internet was started?
2. How many computers were there when internet started?
Ans: 4 Computers.
3. A place availasle for writing websites address in known as_
Ans: Address bar.
4. What is the website of NASA?
Ans: http:// www.nasa gov/
5. Name a pupular search engine?
6. Now-a- days purchase and sell can be done from_
Mr. Ali joined in a business firm. He had to open a bank a/c. For his manthly salary. At the time of opening the a/c, he had to fill in an application form containing name, date of birth, names parents, address, signature. He with withdrew money from the bank when he was needed. Oneday Mr. Ali went to shopping. After some time he realized that he spent all his moey but he had to buy some necessary things. Then he went to ATM booth and collected some money from the ATM machine and bought necessary things.
Multiple Choice Question:
1. Where is ATM card used?
Ans: In ATM machine.
2. Which is necessary for on lione banking?
3. When bank is closed from where do we collect information.
Ans: ATM booth.
4. What is information?
5. What we get when we analyze infromation?
6. What is E - Commerce?
Ans: Shopping with internet.
7. What is E – Governance?
Ans: To control office work using ICT.
8. What did Mr. Ali open for monthly salary?
Ans: Bank a/c.
9. With what we c an collect money anytime?
Ans: ATM machine.
10. Where did Mr. Ali fill his information?
Q. What is input and output devices? Make a list of input and output devices.
Ans: Input device: The devices used to enter information to a computer is called input device.
Output device: The devices which display the result obtained by the computer is called output device.
A list of input and output devices in stated below:
Video or web camera
Q. Mention five points for and against playing computer games.
Ans: Five points for and against playing games are given below:
1. One can enjoy leisure time.
2. It works as an brain exercise.
3. It brings harmony.
4. It increases ability to think and solve problems.
5. It increases ability to use computer five points against playing games in computer:
a. It creates addiction and makes one unsoial.
b. It may harm the studey of a student.
c. It may cause physical problem.
d. It decreases chiladreris interest in creative activities like reading books, drawing, palying in the field etc.
v. Some of the games expose barbarity which may affect children’s mind.
Multiple Choice Question:
1. Two binary digits O and I is called – Bits.
2. A person who writesa series of instructiuns for the computer – computer operator.
3. Number system based on ten digits O through 9 is called – decimal system.
4. The best means for illustrating step by step instructiuns is called – program flow chart.
5. Number system based on two digits O and I is called – binary system.
6. Most used technology for main memary is semi conductor.
7. Hearf of a computer – CPU.
8. Which software used for special work?
Ans: Costomized software.
9. Which one is for connecting the computer with network?
10. Which one is used as primary or working storag?
Ans: Main memory.
1. Optical fibre: A rapidly growing new technology that is replacing the older twisted wire or coaxial cable technologies in voice and data communication facilities. A fiber optical channel transmits voice and data communication bay means of laser beams.
* To start powerpoint follow the step below:
1. Click start button.
2. Go to programs.
3. Click microsoft power point. If however on your computer powerpoint is present is the MS office folder then go to MS office from program and click MS powerpoint. The main powerpoint windows appears. If shows that there are different way of making your presentation.
4. Click on the round beetton next to blank presentation and click ok.
5. Click on the tible slide.
6. Click on the box that displays “ Click to add title”
7. Type the title.
8. To add sub-title, click on the box that displays, “ Click to add subtitle”
9. Type the sub title and then your name in the next line.
Savcng your presentation:
1. Click save as from the file menu.
2. In the save as dialog box give your present ation a name and click save.
There are four computers in atiya’s school. For using house computers there are some problem. Some keys of the keyboard doesn’t work. Sometimes mouse doesn’t work all the students discussed with themselves about it. Then they try to find out that why the keyboard and mouse of computers are not functioning properly.
1. If we don’t take care to ICT instruments what problem iuill happen?
2. How our you clear the mouse and keyboard?
3. How our we be careful about our LCD monitor?
4. “The inside temperature of a computer may be higher than outside temperature” _ Explain the statement.
a) Ans: If we don’t take care to ICT instruments, ther the instruments may not work properly.
b) Ans: The deaning of mouse and keyboard is given below:
Mouse: If dusis accumulote in the mouse, it should be detached fro computer and kept it up side down and clean dirty spcts with cotton bud and ther rub with a sft cotton cloth.